We comply to GDPR and The Data Protection Act 2018 which helps to keep your personal data safe and secure. We appreciate that when you share your data with us you trust us to look after it. By visiting https://nchaps.co.uk you are accepting the practices described in this policy.
Our Privacy notice describes to you:
- Who we are.
- What personal data we need & how we collect it.
- What we do with your personal data.
- Who has access to the data that we hold.
- How we store your data.
- How long we hold your information for.
- Your rights and how to exercise them.
- Changes to this privacy notice.
- How to contact us and complain.
1.Who we are.
Nick Clarke Health & Protection Solutions, offering health and protection services to individuals, SME’S and Corporate Organisations.
We are the Data Controller when processing your data.
We have a Data Protection Officer to ensure our Data Protection Compliance.
2.What personal data we need and how we collect it.
When you enquire or purchase healthcare or protection products we ask for:
- Title, names, date of birth, gender, nationality, civil/marital status, contact details, addresses and documents that are necessary to verify your identity
- Employment and remuneration information, (including salary/bonus schemes/overtime/sick pay/other benefits), employment history
- Bank account details, tax information, loans and credit commitments, personal credit history, sources of income and expenditure, family circumstances and details of dependents
- Health status and history, details of treatment and prognosis, medical reports (further details are provided below specifically with regard to the processing we may undertake in relation to this type of information)
- Any pre-existing insurance products and the terms and conditions relating to these
The other type of personal data that we collect is your voice recording as we use a telephone recording system to help us to administer our services (we may record or monitor phone calls to make sure we are keeping to legal rules, codes of practice and internal policies, and for quality assurance purposes),
Some of the above data is classed as “special category” data where we will have collected explicit consent to be able to process this information.
We will use special Data and any Criminal Disclosures in the same way as Your Personal Data generally, as set out in this Privacy Notice.
We may process information for children that may be included within our policies this will always be processed with the parental consent.
We will only request personal data that is necessary for us to perform our duties.
When you contact us by telephone or we subsequently conduct business with you over the telephone then we do record your calls to help us administer our services and comply with industry specific regulation.
With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
The cookies that we use allow us to:
– remember your preferences during and between visits
– continuously improve our services, website, and marketing
– collect any personally identifiable information
– collect any sensitive information
– pass personally identifiable data to third parties
How we collect your data
We only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where there is a contract in place and we process the personal data in the administration of entering into or maintaining this contract.
- Where it is in the legitimate interest of you and the organisation.
- When we use Your Personal data for contractual responsibilities we have with our regulator The Financial Conduct Authority, or for wider compliance with any legal or regulatory obligation to which we might be subject. In such circumstances, we would be processing Your Personal Data in order to meet a legal, compliance or other regulatory obligation to which we are subject.
- Where we have a legal obligation to do so.
3.What we do with your personal data
We will use this information:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, and services that you request from us.
- To provide you with information about other products and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about.
- To notify you about changes to our products and services.
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
In the course of handling Your Personal Data, we will:
Record and store Your Personal Data in our mobile devices and on our computer systems namely web response, email, hard drives, and cloud facilities. This information can only be accessed by employees within our Firm and only when it is necessary to provide our service to you and to perform any administration tasks associated with or incidental to that service
Submit Your Personal Data to Product Providers and Insurance Product providers both in paper form and on-line via a secure portal. The provision of this information to a third party is essential in allowing us to progress any enquiry or application made on your behalf and to deal with any additional questions or administrative issues that lenders and providers may
Use Your Personal Data for the purposes of responding to any queries you may have in relation to any product or insurance policy you may take out, or to inform you of any developments in relation to those products and/or polices of which we might become aware.
Without this information Nick Clarke Health & Protection Solutions would be unable to offer its services. None of your data is passed on to third parties for direct marketing purposes. If we would like to use your personal data for any other reason, then we will always ask for your permission before we do so.
4.Who has access to the data we hold
Access to the information which you have provided will be limited to: Nick Clarke and the administration team
Nick Clarke Health & Protection Solutions will not sell your data onto third parties at any time however we may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract. For example healthcare insurance providers.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
As the Data Controller we only use trusted third parties to help us to provide our service to you, we have checked their Data Protection/GDPR compliance to ensure that we are happy to share your data.
5.How we store your data
The organisation regularly reviews its arrangements for physical and IT security, ensuring these remain aligned to GDPR and The Data Protection Act 2018 to continue to robustly safeguard personal data, protecting against its unauthorised access or misuse.
However, no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage, can be 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information. The internet by its nature is a public forum, and Nick Clarke Health and Protection Solutions encourages you to use caution when disclosing information online.
We also expect you to take reasonable steps to safeguard your own privacy when transferring information to us, such as not sending confidential information over unprotected email, ensuring email attachments are password protected or encrypted and only using secure methods of postage when original documentation is being sent to us. Y
Personal data is processed mainly within the European Economic Area (EEA) which adheres to the same Data Protection laws, but may be stored outside the EEA with third parties which follow strict Data Protection guidelines.
6.How long do we hold your data for
We will keep your data for as long as is necessary for Nick Clarke Health and Protection Solutions to fulfil the purpose of the organisation. The organisation keeps a processing and retention record which gives our specific retention information for each category of data.
7.Your rights and how to exercise them
Access to your personal data and data portability
You have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you, this is called a ‘Subject Access Report.’ This will provide you with all personal data we hold about you, subject to some limited exemptions for example, you will not necessarily be entitled to access third party information.
Also, you have the right to data portability. Under this right for information you can request that your personal data is provided to you (or another organisation) in a portable, electronic format.
Change, restrict, delete
You may also have rights to change, restrict the use of, or delete your personal information. Unless there is an exceptional circumstance (like where we are required to store personal information for legal reasons) we will generally delete your personal information.
You can object to us processing your information based on our legitimate interests. In such cases, we will delete your personal information within a month of receipt of the objection, unless we have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
8.Changes to this Privacy Notice
Nick Clarke Health and Protection Solutions reserves the right to amend this notice at any time in line with legislation changes. Any changes will be posted on this page. This Privacy Notice was last updated July 2021.
9.How to contact us & complain
Should you be unhappy with how we are handling your data we would hope that you will contact us in first instance at firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively should you wish to complain you can contact the relevant Supervisory Authority which is the Information Commissioners Office: www.ico.org
Information Commissioner’s Office